- United Way THRIVE supports low-income, working families in their efforts to attain what every family wants: good jobs with good wages, safe and affordable housing, success for their children and financial security.
- Family Services of Greater Houston offers counseling; parent resources and education; marriage education and relationships skills training; case management for families, seniors, veterans and persons living with HIV/AIDS; veteran services; substance abuse prevention and education; financial education; and car/personal loans.
- The Harris County Housing Resource Center (HRC) provides assistance locating affordable housing, emergency shelter, home repair assistance, and down payment assistance for purchasing a home. It offers comprehensive information to aid clients find and rent properties.
- Northwest Assistance Ministries offers housing assistance services; a children’s clinic; a family violence center; a fifty-plus senior center; temporary shelter and meals for homeless families; a nutrition center; a learning center; free furniture and clothes; and other services to families living in north-west Harris County.
- Workforce Solutions helps Harris County residents find employment and offers placement, career counseling and financial aid services.
Finding Assistance in Harris County
Click below to find a few of the resources available within Harris County to meet your needs.
The Gulf Coast Community Services Association also offers an emergency food pantry just down the road from HCHA. Qualified households can obtain 3-5 days of food supplies once a month payment from this pantry. You can also find food resources in your community by calling the National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-Hungry or 1-877-8-Hambre (in Spanish), or visiting the National Hunger Hotline resource directory at www.whyhunger.org/findfood.